Friday, November 25, 2011

Under a Raincloud- Part 9

I woke up right where I had fallen asleep yet somehow my head managed to find Toby’s chest. His arm had found its way around my stomach. I hesitated on whether or not to cuddle up some more. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to do so if he was still asleep. I carefully lifted my left arm and put it over his so it lay on top. I then put my hand on top of his. His hand was soft and cold. I carefully laced my fingers in between his and slightly squeezed it.
I lay there for what seemed like ages, listening to Toby’s heartbeat and feeling his warm breath on the back of my neck. I closed my eyes and smiled; this wasn’t happening. Not to me; it couldn’t have been. A girl falling in love with a random guy she slept with when she was drunk just didn’t happen in real life. It should’ve been a nightmare, but it wasn’t. Instead here I was, lying in his arms like we’d known each other for months.
I was deep in thought when I heard Toby snort. His body twitched a bit so that I was now on his shoulder.
“Why hello there, beautiful.” I heard him say in a groggy voice.
“Good morning.” I said, slowly sitting up.
He grabbed my arm and pulled me back down to him. He laid my head back on his chest so that I was facing him and sighed,
“It hurts less when you’re close.”
My eyes glazed over at how amazing he was. My heart beat faster when he took a hold of my right hand and intertwined his fingers in mine. We lay there staring at the white ceiling, his chest made my head lift and fall with each breath he took. We ended up synchronizing our breathing together; in and out…in and out…in….and out….
Suddenly, his phone rang; but he didn’t bother to get it.
“Well…?” I asked, lifting my head up to meet his eyes. One of them was purple.
“Well, what?”
“Aren’t you gonna answer that?”
“What—get up from you? No way. Plus, my stomach still hurts. I don’t want to work out these amazing abs right now.”
I laughed, “Amazing abs? Really now? And when will I get to see these abs of yours?”
“When I heal up and we can get back into my bedroom.”
I gasped and gently hit his chest, “Bad Toby!” I giggled.
I laid my head back down onto him and closed my eyes just as the buzzing stopped. I felt his chin cradle the top of my head and I untangled our hands so that I could put my right arm around him.
“Hey Rain…” Toby addressed me.
“Yeah?”
“I was thinking about it last night and I wanted to ask you something.”
My heart skipped a beat, “Okay, what is it?”
“I know it might be a bit soon, but I really, really like you. And considering we’ve already made it all the way, I was wondering if…”
He trailed off so I nudged him.
“Oh sorry, I thought I heard a plane outside. Anyway, um…Rain, would you care to be my girlfriend?”
This time my heart stopped completely. I was speechless, which was something that didn’t happen to me very often. I just lay there in his arms with my mouth open, trying to say something—anything.
“You’re silence is worrying me.” he let out a breath of laughter.
“Oh.” Was the only thing I got out.
“Oh?”
“And when I say oh, I mean yes.” I finally answered and felt his chest fall down as he let his breath out.
“Oh thank God.” He laughed. I joined him.
“Sorry, it’s just…it’s been a while since I’ve had a boyfriend.” I admitted.
“Well I’ll make sure to be the best boyfriend you’ve ever had.”
I looked up at him and he looked down at me. That’s when he gave me that look. The look that makes your stomach flip. The look that makes you feel like you could fly. He just stared at me. He wasn’t smiling but rather studying me, as if he was trying to read my mind. It was the look before the kiss. Sure enough, his eyes slipped to glance at my lips and indicated it was the time. Our lips met once again and I put my right hand up to his neck to bring him to my level. His left hand found its way to my hip again and he slowly wrapped it all the way around my waist to scoot our bodies closer.
We lay on his couch; lips intertwined together, eyes closed in the most peaceful way possible. I could feel the cut on his lip and brushed it with my tongue. I felt his lips tense up and separate our kiss as he smiled.
“That felt good.” He whispered.
We went back to kissing and I did it again. He tried to hold back another smile. We both sat up, lips still connected. He wrapped his fingers in my hair and smushed our faces closer. I was afraid I’d hurt his lip even more, but he didn’t seem to mind. His tongue collided with mine. It tasted…sweet.
I got to my knees, pulling Toby’s chin up to keep our lips attached, and breathed deeply through my nose. Our heart beats rose at the same time as our mouths opened wider. Toby’s hand went underneath my dress and grabbed my upper thigh. He gently pulled it towards him so that I was straddling him.
We made out some more; I put my left hand up into his hair and took a hold of his loose curls. I put my right hand on top of the hand Toby had on my leg and moved it up further so it was more near the lining of my panties. He put his fingers in the brim of them but didn’t pull them down. I was glad he respected my boundaries and what I wanted him to do.
Unfortunately, that was when Toby’s phone started buzzing again.
“You…should…get…that…” Our lips smacked in between each word.
“Fuck…that…” he replied.
I laughed, separating our lips. I leaned back from him and he reached behind him to grab his phone. I went to get off his lap but he grabbed my thigh and winked.
“Hello?” he answered, “Wha-? Are you kidding me? You called me for that?!” He looked at me and scrunched his eyebrows, biting his lip in angst, “Well, I was kind of in the middle of something but yeah I can come. Just give me like an hour and I’ll be over.” He hung up.
“Who was that?”
“Just a friend. He needs me to help him with a gaming video problem.”
I shrugged, “Oh well, guess you’ll just have to leave me…” I teased him.
“Next time.” He patted my leg to get off. I did and he sat up, “My stomach still hurts.” He groaned.
“I’m sorry.” I put my hand on his stomach and rubbed it.
We leaned in and kissed again.
“I’ll take you home.” He said and we stood up together.
“Sounds good.” I grabbed my purse and heels and we treaded out the door and to his car.
Even though last night really sucked, this morning totally made up for everything. Being Toby’s girlfriend? I couldn’t have asked for any less.

No comments:

Post a Comment