Friday, November 18, 2011

Under a Raincloud- Part 5

We talked more about his life and all he had accomplished on YouTube. I was pretty impressed that he was sort of famous; never in my whole life of living in Los Angeles had I met, let alone slept, with a famous guy. In the middle of our conversation, his phone started to buzz in his pocket. He looked at me apologetically as he took it out and looked at it.
“Oh shit, it’s almost ten!” He stood up frantically, “I have a video to shoot at ten thirty, but I’ll text you later and we can hang out, okay?”
I got up and stood in front of him. Standing right next to him made me feel short as hell. He looked down at me and gave a half smile.
“Okay.” I replied as he touched my shoulder before heading out the coffee shop.
I turned around in time to see him wave goodbye and I waved back. Toby Turner…I think I might like this guy; a lot.

I returned home at my apartment and slumped into the couch. I laid my head back on the soft leather and shut my eyes. The emptiness of the room and the silence it endured caused me to drift off into a light sleep. However, my dream was anything but light.
I saw Toby at a bar. I didn’t recognize the interior. He was smiling as I approached him.
“Can I buy you a drink?” his voice echoed.
Suddenly, we were outside of a building. We were standing at the door, Toby attempting to hit the call button to get inside. Finally I heard a buzz and the door opened. We climbed the stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. When we got to his front door, I leaned up against the wall, waiting for him to open the door. Instead, his body leaned into mine and he kissed me.
That was when I felt something wet on my lips and woke up to my sister laughing as she sprayed me with a water bottle.
“God dammit Sunshine, I was having a good dream!” Or was it a memory?
“Well saw-ree!” she retorted, “But you have school in twenty minutes and I thought I was being nice by waking you.”
“Bitch, that was anything but nice! God, you’re such a pain sometimes!” I got up from the couch and stomped to my room.
“Whatever.” Was all she said.
I dressed into nicer clothing and put my books in my backpack. I only had math that day, it wasn’t too big of a deal, but I wouldn’t have minded sleeping at least a minute longer to remember that night I forgot.
I shrugged it off as best as I could and returned to the living room. Sunny had replaced my seat on the couch so I went to the kitchen instead and grabbed some food. When I came back I saw she had my phone in her hand and was studying it carefully.
“What are you doing?” I asked, my temper rising.
“You got a text from that Toby guy.” She said, still staring at the screen.
“Well, give it to me.” I said in a smartass tone.
“You two are dating now? You really think that’s a good idea?”
“You’re the one who fucking told me to call him two weeks ago, and now you’re telling me that it’s not a good idea? What the hell?” I lunged at her hand to take my phone but she retreated.
“Give me my damn phone!” I yelled, practically clawing at her arm.
“Okay, okay Jesus! Calm the fuck down!” she threw it passed me and down the hall.
I slapped her arm multiple times before running after it.
“Hey girrrrl, let’s go to dinner!” it read.
My stomach jumped as I typed, “Sounds amazing!!!” then deleted it and re-typed, “Okay, sounds cool” but deleted that and typed again, “Sure, let’s do it!”
“GOD DAMMIT!” I screamed, not knowing the right words to text back. It suddenly hit me why I was acting like this. The dream I had, the morning after, meeting him at the bar, then again at Starbucks, all these encounters with him made me realize; this boy is trying to be a part of my life now. But I wasn’t sure if I could handle it or not.
I finally settled with “Alright, where at?” lame, but good enough.
I walked to my bedroom and sat on the bed. I waited impatiently for a reply, tapping my foot to the point of exhaustion. Finally my phone buzzed and I read,
“Let’s go to Hooters.” I scrunched my eyebrows as I read on, “Haha just kiddin let’s go to CafĂ© La Boheme, I know people who work there, so I could make a good reservation. See you tomorrow at five?” I jumped in my seat and texted back,
“Sounds great, I’ll see you then!”
My first date with Toby Turner, the Internet star, sounded damn good to me.

1 comment: