Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Under a Raincloud- Part 1

I fluttered my eyes open. As I did, a sensational pain rang throughout my head. I grumbled and groaned, holding my forehead in the palm of my hand and struggled to sit up. When I opened my eyes up all the way I saw I was in a bedroom. Not knowing whose it was, I turned my head to the right and noticed my clothing on the floor. I tilted my head to the side slightly and looked down at my own body. I was lying in a queen sized bed, a big fluffy comforter hung off and hit the ground in a heap as I moved my leg. Only a thin, white bed sheet covered my body and when I looked underneath it I saw I was completely naked. Oh no.
I looked to my left and saw a multitude of different colored shirts on a dresser and a mirror that reflected the entire bed, including me. My black hair was a mess; pieces of it flew off in different directions and I had to move my bangs out of the way in order to see myself clearly. The rainbow tattoo on my left shoulder stood out to me, and reminded me that even if I was in deep shit, it would get better.
Suddenly, a buzzing sound shook the left side of the bed and I noticed an iPhone on the side-table drawer. I didn’t know what to do, so I let it buzz until it stopped. I heard noise come from a room next to the mirror. A shower door opened and shut, and my heart beat started to rise. I waited a couple more seconds, head still pounding in my skull, until a tall, skinny, good-looking man walked into the room. All he was wearing was a towel around his waist; his chest was white but he had some muscle to show. I let a small smile slip from my lips as he looked right back at me, his wet brown hair coming in front of his face in curls. He looked troubled and worried but he smiled back.
“Um…hi.” He laughed nervously, clutching the towel in his right hand.
“Hi…” I answered back.
We stared at each other in awkwardness, not knowing what to do or say next. Finally, I decided it would be better if I was dressed, so I leaned over and attempted to grab my clothes. As I was reaching to grab my bra, my right boob slipped out from under the cover and I scrambled to get it covered back up. I looked at the boy and knew he had seen; his face was a light shade of pink but he was smiling keenly.
I felt my face burn up as I turned my back towards him, dressing myself back in the clothes I hadn’t remembered taking off. I was wearing a black and white dress with bright red panties and matching bra. A flash of the boy unhooking my bra corrupted my mind but I blinked my eyes and the image went away.
I turned back to look at him. His jeans were on and he was pulling a green shirt on over his head. I saw it said something on it, so I squinted my eyes to see clearly. The shirt said “Tobuscus” in white lettering. I scrunched my face up in confusion; I had no clue what the fuck a Tobuscus was. But the boy wearing it was insanely hot so I didn’t think twice about it.
“Uhh, I’m gonna go…” I said as I slowly stood up and picked up my black heels in the corner of the bedroom.
“Oh…okay yeah, that’s probably best.” He scratched the back of his neck and bit his lip.
I made my way to the hallway and found the front door. As I opened it, I heard the boy say something.
“What was that?” I called back.
“Toby.” Was all he said.
I nodded in acknowledgement but didn’t have time to give him my name. I wanted to go home. I wanted to know what happened last night.

1 comment: