Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Under a Raincloud- Part 2

I grabbed a cab home and walked into my two bedroom apartment I shared with my sister, Sunshine. She wasn’t home at the time; I supposed she was out getting coffee like she usually did around this hour. I went into my bedroom and into the conjoined bathroom. I really needed a hot shower.
Once the water was hot enough, I stripped naked again and climbed in. The water felt amazing, and matted my wild and crazy raven black hair down into a washable state. I scrubbed my body after washing my hair and felt my headache slowly slip down the drain along with the lavender scented soap.
After the amazing shower, I went to my closet and picked out skinny jeans and a music-themed T-shirt. I changed just in time to hear the door open and my sister walk in. She called out my name and I walked out to the living room.
“Hey hon, how’s your hang-over?” She laughed as she set down a Starbucks cup and inched it towards me.
I sat down at the counter and grabbed the cup. I took a deep breath, letting the scent engulf my lungs. I took a sip, knowing it’d be scorching hot and answered.
“I’m doing…better. You will not believe where I woke up this morning.” I chuckled as I took another sip.
She grinned, “Lemme guess, that super hot guy who asked you to dance? We all knew you two were gonna hook up after the club, especially after the number of shots you took!”
I grunted, almost spitting out the coffee I had lingering in my mouth. “Oh God, I remember the shots now.” I closed my eyes, rubbing my temple with my index and middle finger.
“Yeah, that boy who took you home; I think his name was Toby-something. I made sure I had his number, just in case. Do you want it?” She smirked at me, knowing I did.
“I’m not sure.” I lied. I didn’t want to rush into anything…well, anymore than we already had. “Do you know anything else I should?”
“No, not really; but I think sometime you need to call him and talk. I know you don’t wanna forget about him, even if you regret doing it.”
I subconsciously nodded and this time took a giant gulp of my coffee.
“Just give me his number.” I sighed, holding my hand out.
She reached in her purse and took out a piece of paper. She put it in my hand and I looked at it. The numbers were crooked and different sizes, making it obvious he was pretty damn drunk when he wrote it down. I was nervous that it couldn’t have been his number at all, but I put it in my cell phone anyway and gave the paper back to my sister.
“Call him.” She smiled and winked.
I smiled back and stared at the new contact I had just made in my phone. I wasn’t going to call him, not yet.

About two weeks passed since the day I had woken up in that unfamiliar room, but I made no attempt to follow my sister’s advice. I didn’t call or text or even give the guy another thought until she brought him up in a girls night out conversation.
“Yeah, she woke up in his apartment, totally nude, totally hung-over, totally confused.” She laughed as she told the story to our friends; the same friends we had gone out with the night before I met the boy in his room.
“No fucking way!” Our friend Nikki laughed along.
“True story,” I joined in, “Didn’t know where the hell I was or who the hell he was. All I know is that he was super hot, and it must’ve been some pretty damn good sex ‘cause I don’t remember it at all!” I laughed with the group as the car our other friend Monica drove stopped in front of a night club.
We all piled out; Sunny, Nikki, another gal pal Tina, Monica and I and treaded to the front door. The bouncer nodded in approval at our tight dresses and high heels and let us right in.
When we got inside, the music booming louder and louder, I was greeted by the sensational smell of guys’ deodorant working in their favor. Our group headed towards a booth near the back, behind the bar, and sat down. Monica went to the bar and grabbed us all some drinks.
As we all sat there, sipping our drinks, getting into the mood of things, a boy on the dance floor caught my eye. He didn’t look like he was dancing however; he looked like he was having a seizure. His arms wiggled around and his feet mirrored them; but he looked as if he was having fun, so I giggled and watched. As he was “dancing” along to the beat, a girl approached him and started to dance with him. That drew my focus away from him, but I kept an eye out for when she’d leave.
After the song had ended, I saw the girl brush his hair behind his ear and whisper something. He nodded but stayed put as she walked to the bar. This was my chance.
“Excuse me guys.” I said as I stood up and adjusted my silver glittery dress.
The music had changed to “Party Rock Anthem” and I saw the boy pump both fists in the air, screaming “WOOO!” I giggled again as I slid in front of him.
“Hey sexy.” I flirted.
I heard him mumble the word “hot” over and over super fast as he looked down at me and he laughed nervously as I put my hands on his chest. I turned around and felt him put his hands on my waist. We swayed to the beat and I felt the temperature rise. As the end of the song came around, I felt his breath on the back of my neck as he mentioned a familiar name.
“My name is Toby, in case you were wondering!”
I whipped around and looked more closely at him. Tall, skinny, brown hair, and he was even wearing that green shirt.
“Oh…oh my God, I’m so sorry.” I turned and walked passed him.
“Wait!” he called out but I didn’t turn around.
I walked passed the bar and towards my friends when I felt a sweaty hand on my shoulder.
“Hey! What’s wrong?” I instinctively turned around and saw him in the light of the bar. His eyes were a shade of green that pierced into me. I smiled but wiped it off as quickly as it had appeared.
“I…I can’t talk to you now.” I tried to make him leave but he didn’t listen.
When the song ended, the girl Toby had been dancing with before walked up to us with two shots in her hands.
“Drink up.” She offered it to him but he shooed her away, keeping his focus on me.
“Who’s this bitch?” she snapped at him.
“Your worst nightmare, you stupid whore.” I retorted back, causing Toby to hiccup a laugh.
She snorted and turned back to the bar. I continued on making my way to our table but was stopped again.
“I recognize those eyes,” he caught my attention, “You’re that girl I can’t stop thinking about. Where have I seen you?”
I didn’t answer. Instead, I marched up to our table and sat down. I watched his spirit die and he went back to the dance floor, getting lost in the crowd.
“Who was that guy?” Monica asked.
“No one, just a guy at a bar.” I downed a shot and shivered. Just a guy at a bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment